Your health questions answered!
Determine Body Frame Size /
Body frame sizes are categorized as small, medium, and large. The reason for this is that bone structures vary in size and density from person to person; and from male to female.
What You Should Weigh
There are two simple methods to determine your frame size:-
- Measuring the circumference of the wrist.
- Use a flexible tape to measure a complete circle covering both prominent wrist bones.
- Elbow breadth can also be used to determine body frame size. To measure elbow breadth you should:-
- Bend forearm upward at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep fingers straight and turn the inside of your wrist towards your body.
- Measure the distance between the two prominent bones on either side of the elbow. (A physician would use a caliper.)
Use your wrist circumference or your elbow size results in the table below to determine your body frame size.