Daily Diet Composition In Grams/Ozs. As Per Lifestyle
The program functions as a carbohydrates calculator, a proteins calculator and a fats calculator and your total calories calculator, given age, height, weight and level of physical activity; uses metric and imperial measurements.
- Protein should make up about 20% of our daily caloric intake. Protein is present in meats, poultry, fish, eggs, cheese, milk, legumes etc.
- Fat should make up about 30 % or less of our daily caloric intake. Fat is present in oils, butter, margarine, mayonnaise etc.
- Carbohydrates should make up about 50% of our daily caloric intake. Carbohydrates are present in grains, potatoes, breads, cereals, fruits and vegetables. Based on the Glycemic Index, these carbs can be selected according to need.
Values of 50% - carbohydrates; 20% - proteins; and 30% - fats are used in the calculator. You can use different values according to your specific needs which can vary according to age and kinds of activities being undertaken.
- Input your height, weight, age
- adjust the calories percentages, if desired - You can use different values according to your specific needs.
- Press 'Calculate Calories'.
There are about:
4 calories in each gram of carbohydrates
6 calories in each gram of protein
9 calories in each gram of fat
28.35 grams per oz.